The 2018 Nunavut Trade Show & Conference took place September 18 to 20 in Iqaluit. Topics covered during this year’s conference included: business development support, Inuit employment programs, growing the arts and culture industry, new fisheries regulations, clean Technologies, youth entrepreneurships, housing, Inuit tattoo revitalization, and SmartICE.
The Nunavut Business Achievement Awards were presented on September 19. Awarded
annually, this year’s recipients were:
- Blackheart Café received the Award for the 2018 Business of the Year.
- Mona Godin and Tim Bayne were named Business Persons of the Year.
- The Lifetime Achievement Award went to Mark Bray of NEAS.
- The award for Volunteer of the Year was presented to Clarence Synard for his many volunteer hours within the community with Habitat for Humanity Iqaluit, Skills Nunavut,
- Angel Tree, VOCM — Dial a Carol, Building Advisory Committee, and the Safety Advisory Committee.
First Air was the Official Airline Sponsor of the Nunavut Trade Show & Conference.