Recipients of the Order of the Northwest Territories were Recipients of the Order of the Northwest Territories were honoured at the end of May for this highest honour in the territory.
This year’s recipients are:
- Paul Andrew, Yellowknife resident, former Chief of Tulita and former CBC broadcaster, for his work in culture, residential school education and healing.
- Fred Carmichael of Inuvik, a Northern aviation pioneer, Order of Canada recipient, and member of Canada’s Aviation Hall of Fame.
- Russell King, Hay River resident and founder of Kingland Ford, for his work in business.
- Lynda Koe of Yellowknife, for her professional work, especially with seniors.
- Jeff Philipp, SSi Micro founder and Yellowknife entrepreneur.
- Tom Zubko, Inuvik satellite telecommunications entrepreneur who has dedicated his career to growing the political and economic base of the NWT.
The Order of the Northwest Territories was established in 2013 and recognizes individuals who have provided exemplary service and have excelled in any field of endeavour that has benefited people of the territory or elsewhere.