The 22nd annual NWT Tourism Conference and Annual General Meeting was held in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, from November 6 to 8, 2018. Speakers inspired delegates to think about changes, challenges and opportunities for the tourism industry in the NWT in the year ahead.
At the Gala Dinner and Awards, the 2018 Industry Awards were announced as follows:
- GNWT Parks Hospitality Award: Bruce Davidson, Camp Attendant at Prelude Lake Territorial Park.
- Service Excellence Award: Bill Braden, Guide for My Backyard Tours.
- Operator of the Year: Yellowknife Sport-fishing Adventures.
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Neil Hartling of Nahanni River Adventures and Canadian River Expeditions, acknowledging 30-plus years of a positive legacy and significant contribution to NWT’s growing tourism industry.
- Outstanding Service Award: Alex Hall, owner of Canoe Arctic, recognizing more than 40 years of outstanding commitment and service to tourists and residents through spectacular paddling and outdoor adventures delivered in the Northwest Territories.