Commerce Resources Corp. has initiated a mineral processing program to determine the final Prefeasibility Study design criteria of the front-end flowsheet for the Ashram Rare Earth (REE) and Fluorspar Deposit. This is the next step in advancing the study to completion.
The mineral processing program will include:
- Incorporation of the advancements to the flotation circuit, made by academic and government institutions, into the Company’s base flowsheet developed at Hazen Research.
- Final flotation and magnetic separation development test work to confirm the optimal reagent suite and conditions of the front-end flowsheet.
- Phase II comminution variability testing on nine domain composites of drill core collected throughout the deposit.
- Front-end flowsheet variability testing on early/mid mine-life deposit material using domain composites.
- Filtration testing on flotation concentrate and tailings to determine material handling and tailings management facility design.
The flowsheet for the Ashram REE/ Fluorspar Deposit uses conventional unit processes to produce a high-grade rare earth mineral (monazite) concentrate that is comparable to active global hard-rock REE producers.